The Miller Track Booster Club is a volunteer organization with the mission of supporting the tradition of a high quality track program at Washburn High School. The Miller Track Booster Club raises funds to support the activities of the whole WHS track & field team. Boosters collect player/family dues and support additional fundraising efforts. In addition, the Miller Track Booster Club supports the coaches and athletes, on and off the field. Boosters assist with communication to parents and athletes through emails and WHS track webpage, host the home meet, take pictures and organize team social events.
Why a Booster dues?
Simply put school district funds and sports activity fees fall short of the operating cost for a high school track program. Coach Moore has recruited a complete and talented coaching staff with a very tight budget. The Booster Club hopes to raise $4,000-$5,000 for other elements that are important to the program, e.g. stopwatches, starting blocks, relay batons, shotputs, discuses AND a locked storage shed for track use only. The coaching staff feels strongly that all the athletes have proper nutrition to perform their best, so funds will also subsidize the team dinners and snacks for meets.
The suggested annual dues are $75. Additional donations are greatly appreciated. However, no student athlete will be denied the opportunity to participate.
You can send a check payable to Washburn Track and Field Booster Club to the following address: Celine Leathead
Booster Steering Committee (Meets 2-3 times, all is welcome)
· Communications: Kris White & Becky Johnson
· Treasurers: Celine Leathead, Jennifer Bennett (back-up)
· Kick-off Potluck: Margaret Miller, Jennifer Bennett, Kris White
· Team Dinners: Margaret Miller & Katie McGintley
· Home Meet Coordinators: Lisa Harnack & Heidi Stark
· Season Celebration Coordinators: Ed Goetz & Michael Wagener
· Webpage: Michelle DeVaughn & Margaret Miller
· Meet Snack Coordinator: Sheila Covert and Team Captains
201 West 49th Street Minneapolis, MN 55419