FIRST Robotics national website
FIRST Robotics state website Apr 5 to 8 2017 (during spring break)
The Build season Jan. 7 through Feb. 21st - Tuesday through Friday (after school) and Saturdays (days)
Our Team's https://www.facebook.com/millerbots
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been a great year. In so many ways our Team is more a family.
To end our Robotics season, we'll be hosting a banquet on
Tuesday, May 2nd, from 6 to 8:30 in room
Saturday, April 22nd: Parent meeting at 1pm, Brynn's house (I'll send out an individual email on this)
Saturday, April 29th: DFL Fundraiser
We still need more people to sign up to volunteer and/or bring baked goods.We're expecting around 500 attendees.
Work a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4aabab2cabfd0-dflconvention
Help with food: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4aabab2cabfd0-dflconvention1
Banquet: Either May 2nd or 4th - We will send out another email and vote.
Student Expectations for lettering:
As of this year. Lettering is a two-year commitment. (New seniors have this year only)
1. Registration at FIRST Click on new student button; then click on the FRC button; our team number is 2549
2. Check made out to Washburn High School for the fee of $60
3. 80% attendance of Pre builds - see below
4. 80% of build season - see below
5. Attendance on Friday and Saturday of the Regional Competition - Apr 8 to 9, 2016
(to go Friday you must have completed 1, 2, 3 & 4)
6. GPA of 2.75 for lettering
7. Two times, snacks for 36 people which includes pop and small bags of snacks (large bags when opened go stale)
8. Parent/guardian needs to sign up for 2 half days to chaperone on a Saturday at school
or at an event plus attend a half day of the competition at Mariucci Arena
9. At Regionals – you are expected to participate. (scouting, button making, Data entry)
10. Sign up for at least one Saturday lunch at:http://millerbots.bringit.bz/public/dbccc7
Talent and things we need:
Help with Labview software........and..........Gift cards to Menards
TOOLS.......................Hand Tools ~ $200..................Benchtop Drill Press ~ $800
ELECTRONICS.......Pneumatic Control ~ $200
MATERIALS..............80/20 Aluminum ~ $200..........C-Channel Aluminum ~ $200
OTHER......................Stenciled pencils ~ $100........T-shirts for the relocation device
April 5th Wednesday - Delivery team meet at school at 3:00,
April 6th Thursday – Inspection crew and scouting meet at school at 7:40, lunch provided
April 7th Friday – Early car leavers school at 7:20 to be dropped off to reserve seats.
Everyone else meet at 7:20 and leaving via car pool by 7:30, lunch provided.
Dinners at Annie’s – Everyone welcome...it’s a tradition.
April 8th Saturday - Early car leavers school at 7:20 to be dropped off to reserve seats.,
Everyone else meet at 7:20 and leaving via car pool by 7:30.
wk 4 Jan 30 from 9:00 to 3:00 Monday - eat before getting to room 120
Jan. 31 to Feb. 3 from 3:15 to 6:30 - Tuesday to Friday
Feb. 4 from 8 AM to 3PM - Saturday
wk 5 Feb. 7, to 10 from 3:15 to 6:30 - Tuesday to Friday
Feb. 11, from 8 AM to 3PM - Saturday
wk 6 Feb. 14 to 16, from 3:15 to 6:30 - Tuesday to Thursday
Feb 17, from 8 AM to 3 PM - Friday
Feb. 18, from 8 AM to 3PM - Saturday -Scrimmage some where...don't know yet
Feb 20, from 9 AM to 3PM - Monday
Feb 21, from 3:15 PM to 9:30 PM - Tuesday
Feb. 21 Tuesday Robot Bag and Tag Day - Parents invited at 6 for demo, food and informational meeting.
March 4 Saturday - Day trip to Duluth to watch and learn.
Saturday, April 15th: Kowalski's Bagging
201 West 49th Street Minneapolis, MN 55419